The Power of Intention: Learning to Co-create Your World Your Way, by Dr. Wayne W. Dyer
Dr Wayne W Dyer has researched intention as a force in the universe that allows the act of creation to take place. This book explores intention – not as something you do – but as an energy you’re part of. We’re all intended here through the invisible power of intention. This is the first book to look at intention as a field of energy you can access to begin co-creating your life!
My Notes and Highlights:
In order to unlock the power of Intention, you have to balance the seven aspects of Intention:
- Creativity – giving for to your personal intentions.
- Kindness – be kind toward others, toward yourself, and toward life.
- Love – you must be love in order to intend.
- Beauty – appreciate the beauty in everything you see, touch, and experience.
- Expansion – be growing all the time intellectually, emotionally, and spiritually.
- Abundance – there is no scarcity in the universal invisible world of spirit (we become what we think about).
- Receptivity – stay connected to the universal mind and recognise your true relationship with it.
To activate your connection to Intention requires 4 things:
- Discipline – building strong habits and realigning with your body. Do what you know needs doing (the basics – eat well, sleep well, exercise etc). Live with integrity to your ideal self.
- Wisdom – combine wisdom with discipline. Harmonise your mind, body, and spirit.
- Love – love what you do and do what you love (my personal favourite).
- Surrender – realise that your mind and your body are not running the show.
- “In the universe there is an immeasurable, indescribable force which shamans call intent, and absolutely everything that exists in the entire cosmos is attached to intent by a connecting link.” — Carlos Castaneda
- a common definition of intention is: a strong purpose or aim, accompanied by a determination to produce a desired result.
I feel like this is where I’m at too:
I’ve felt a shift in my thinking from a purely psychological or personal-growth emphasis, toward a spiritual orientation where healing, creating miracles, manifesting, and making a connection to divine intelligence are genuine possibilities.
Castaneda’s words were:
“Intent is a force that exists in the universe. When sorcerers (those who live of the Source) beckon intent, it comes to them and sets up the path for attainment, which means that sorcerers always accomplish what they set out to do.”
- Imagine that intention is not something you do, but rather a force that exists in the universe as an invisible field of energy!
- Patanjali suggested more than 20 centuries ago: “Dormant forces, faculties, and talents come alive, and you discover yourself to be a greater person by far than you ever dreamed yourself to be.”
- Intention is a field of energy that flows invisibly beyond the reach of our normal, everyday habitual patterns.
- We have the means to attract this energy to us and experience life in an exciting new way.
- The Source, which is intention, is pure, unbounded energy vibrating so fast that it defies measurement and observation. It’s invisible, without form or boundaries. So, at our Source, we are formless energy, and in that formless
- The intention of this universe is manifested in zillions of ways in the physical world, and every part of you, including your soul, your thoughts, your emotions, and of course the physical body that you occupy, are a part of this intent.
- Activating intention means rejoining your Source and becoming a modern-day sorcerer. Being a sorcerer means attaining the level of awareness where previously inconceivable things are available. As Carlos Castaneda explained, “The task of sorcerers was to face infinity” (intention), “and they plunged into it daily…
- Intention is a power that’s present everywhere as a field of energy; it isn’t limited to physical development. It’s the source of nonphysical development, too. This field of intention is here, now, and available to you. When you activate it, you’ll begin to feel purpose in your life, and you’ll be guided by your infinite self.
- By allowing ego to determine your life path, you deactivate the power of intention.
- When the supremacy of ego is weakened in your life, you can seek intention and maximize your potential.
Dr. Dyer references Carlos Castaneda a lot in the book. I feel compelled to go revisit the books I’ve read of Castaneda’s. I particularly like the reframing of what a sorcerer is/does.
- “In the universe there is an immeasurable, indescribable force which shamans call intent, and absolutely everything that exists in the entire cosmos is attached to intent by a connecting link,” is the way Carlos Castaneda describes it.
- Absolutely everything in the entire cosmos includes you and your disciplined, wise, loving self, and all of your thoughts and feelings. When you surrender, you lighten up and can consult with your infinite soul. Then the power of intention becomes available to take you wherever you feel destined to go.
On Free Will:
- At any moment in time, all Spirit is concentrated at the point where you focus your attention. Therefore, you can consolidate all creative energy at a given moment in time. This is your free will at work.
- Your free will can either move with Universal Spirit and its unfolding, or away from it toward ego dominance.
- You can use your free will to rejoin higher, faster energies. The truth is that we do not create anything alone; we are all creatures with God. Our free will combines and redistributes what’s already created. You choose! Free will means that you have the choice to connect to Spirit or not!
- Do you have a free will, and are you a part of the destiny of intention? Yes. Fuse the dichotomy. Blend the opposites, and live with both of these beliefs. Begin the process of allowing Spirit to work with you, and link up to the field of intention.
- By combining free will with intention, you harmonize with the universal mind.
There’s a ton more, but I’m going to hang fire here and revisit more of my notes in another post or series of posts. Plus maybe include some of the results from my experiments with the ideas in the book.
Peace and love,