Video podcast version. For the Audio podcast version go here.
I’m a big fan of behavioural style profiles and personality tests. I think they’re a great place for you to start your self-development journey. Tests like these give you a basic insight into your underlying motivations and behavioral style preferences.
And this goes a long way in heightening your self-awareness. As they saying goes, that which you are aware of you can control, that which you are unaware of controls you!
Over the Easter break, I took some time out to do a little self-development using the Big 5 Personality Test. In the video, I’ll tell you what led me here.
In a nutshell, the Big Five personality test measures the five personality factors that psychologists have determined are core to our personality makeup. The Five Factors of personality are:
- Openness – How open a person is to new ideas and experiences
- Conscientiousness – How goal-directed, persistent, and organized a person is
- Extraversion – How much a person is energized by the outside world
- Agreeableness – How much a person puts others’ interests and needs ahead of their own
- Neuroticism – How sensitive a person is to stress and negative emotional triggers
In the video, I share my results with you. For the most part, I wasn’t too surprised how are scored in the Big 5, but what did surprise me was some of the personality patterns the test revealed.
I’m going to have to spend some time unpacking those.
Let me know how you get on.